Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dinner Made From Left Over Ingredients

I try my best not to visit the supermarket when I still have food that won't last too long in the fridge. I'm not sure if its being frugal or maybe just being cheap, but I really x10 dislike wasting food! It makes me sad when I see veggies gone rotten! So anyway, I decided not to hit the supermarket today because I had left over Carrots, Jade Melon (from previous post) and Onion (from 180 F&B Pasta Salad Night!!!!!).

Freezer is one of my best friend! If you guys come and check out our freezer, you'll see so many things in there. Currently we have dumpling, pork chops, beef, bacon, chopped green onions, mussels, noodles, curry, crab sticks, blueberry, strawberry, banana... it's been real helpful to have these things handy when I decide not to go grocery shopping! It lasts so much longer when it's been preserved in the freezer. Freezer, you are awesome!!!

Tonight, I made carrot rice again. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of carrots. As long as they don't taste like carrots, its fine though, so usually, its finely chopped!

With the left over jade melon and the other carrot, I cut it into small cubes, and added into Campbell's Alphabet Soup. I think this can belongs to my sister in law JM back from E-House when Ma Brothers lived together. Anyway, I love can food too, they have a pretty good life span.

With the 2 left over onions, I used one for carro rice, and the other one I made onion beef stirfry.

Check it out... (no picture of the soup, canned soup isn't too good looking)


Carrot Rice with Onion Beef Stirfry

6 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger crif said...

that looks SO GOOD!! oh wait.. i ate half of that meal!! eheheh i miss you my awesome wife!!!!!! bring that food over here!!!! i only ate sandwiches in the UK!!! blech...

 
At June 20, 2006 2:57 AM, Blogger jykchow said...

Linnet, your food are just too good. Ok, they look too good that i dont want to eat it because it's too beautiful. However, they looks soo good that it reflect how tasty they are. When I come back, DINNER party!!!

 
At June 20, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger LM said...

Cliff! Wait for me! I'm coming to eat Fish & Chips with you soon!

Joe, you're so "Kwa Jeung"!! Well, I guess we're having a welcome back home cece & joe dinner party in July :P BTW i made a type on your comment, i meant to say i "Linked" not liked... :S

 
At June 23, 2006 10:55 PM, Blogger dpma said...

ok lah.. UPDATE TIME!!!

 
At June 24, 2006 2:45 AM, Blogger cece said...

you're such a good cook.. it not only looks GREAT, it taste awesome! can't wait to make dinner with you.. or more like u make dinner.. hehe! TEACH ME LA
I'm heading to CUBA now.. last minute deal

 
At June 25, 2006 11:56 PM, Blogger LM said...

derek: just got back man! but i took pics of the food we ate in london :P i'll post that soon.

cece: CUBA!!! Omg so jealous! :P being spontaneous as usual hey! have FUN! and Don't get too head over heel :P just kidding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home