Monday, July 24, 2006

Chung King Mansion

Finally got a chance to take my sister to Chung King Mansion for some amazing Indian Food! I've been a faithful customer of Khyber Pass for the past 3 years!

I know not a lot of people order this dish, but it's my favourite which is a spinach dish with cubes of paneer (Indian cheese) in it! This time I asked them to put some Lamb in it as well, it was delicious!


Lamb Sag Paneer


Chicken Marsala and Raita (Yogurt W/ Tomato and Cucumber) on the left

KHYBER PASS
Add: Block E, 7/F,
Chung King Mansion,
36-44 Nathan Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, KLN

Tel: 2721 2786

It's pretty full during weekdays as well, so make a reservation before you go!

5 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Your kidding! Sag paneer is one of Ed's favourites too. Have you ever tried the Indian veggie places? There's Branto's and Woodlands, both in TST and if you go, try the 'masala dosa' and if u'r feeling adventerous try the 'paper masala dosa'. Wow! you like such a variety of food, that's so cool.

 
At August 05, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Tom Read said...

Jacinta and I love Sag Paneer...but I've never tried it with lamb. Sounds good.

 
At August 05, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger LM said...

Hi Cheryl! Thanks for the recommendations! What is Masala Dosa and Paper masala dosa? I will DEfinately try!! I love trying out new things :D :D :D

Tom! Sag Paneer Rocks. I went with my sister so we didn't want to order too much.... so I asked them to put it in. Chicken Sag is good too.

 
At August 05, 2006 8:05 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

ok, it's like a thin pan cake (not sweet) made of rice and lentil flour (dosa) with a tasty potato stuffing (masala) inside. The paper version of it (no, no paper in it :)) is just a much larger version of the same thing, like about 2 1/2 feet long and it's thinner and crispier and fun to eat because they serve it on a normal size plate and most of it balances off the plate. It's served with a coconut sauce (chutney) and a spicy lentil curry called sambar.:)

 
At August 07, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger LM said...

Cheryl, sounds GREAT!!! Can't wait to try it. Haha thanks for letting me know there's no Paper in it :P I was a bit worried there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home