Monday, October 02, 2006

Food in Shanghai!

Finally made a visit to Shanghai after 15 months during our long weekend!!! It's the absolute longest I've been away from my other home. CM and I have this thing for street food... so this time, we hit 4 food streets. It's not quite the same as Taipei Night Markets, but better than nothing! We did find one that we'll definately go back, which is on Wu Jiang Street near Jin An Temple :)

So here we go!

Sept 30 '06

First night out!


Lamb Kebab - Xin Jiang Style!


Xin Jiang Bread

Dinner at Marrakech (Morrocan Food)


Entrance


Bread & Dip


Tagine of Chicken


Lamb Cous Cous

Oct 1 '06

Another thing we really enjoy doing in Shanghai is Go-Karting! We discovered a Xing Jiang Restaurant near the Go-Kart Race Course! So here's where we went after some fun! I LOVE Xin Jiang Food!

Lots of Lamb / Mutton dishes :)


Lamb Kebab


Lamb Soup


Lamb Fried Rice


Ding Ding Fried Noodles W/Lamb


Xin Jiang Style Chicken


Stirfry Veggies

Oct 2 '06

Our last day here :( We went out for lunch with my parents!
Hairy Crab, Baby!


Vegetable Appetizer


Deep Fried Fish Appetizer


Hairy Crab!!!


Steak


Sweet Dumpling W/Ginger Tea


Chinese Cabbage W/Scallop


Fruits

And before we left... snapped a picture of some bizzare Lays potato chips! Check out the flavours!!!


Cherry Tomato, Lemon, and Cucumber

Bizarre!!! I've tried the cucumber ones before, cus I was curious.
I must say, it was not the best flavour I've had!

The End.

6 Comments:

At October 15, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger dmblgdtr said...

Wah..can your stomach take it? Street food...I remember the last time I ate street food in Shanghai...it was bad....had to take some anti-diarrhoea pills...

 
At October 15, 2006 8:08 PM, Anonymous Jlynn said...

Thanks for droping by my site and the comment :) the mutton on stick is really tasty & I like the bizzare chips with tomato flavour :D

 
At October 15, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger LM said...

Ju! I LOVE Street food! Cliff and I skips dinner and pig out at Taipei Night markets! There's just TOO much to eat! So it's good to have someone to share with ;) I guess I have a strong stomach :)

Jlynn! I LOVE the mutton on Stick! It's absolutely my favourite. Within those few days we were there, I had a total of 5 sticks maybe? Have you been to Wu Jiang Lu? They have a LOT of street food! We really enjoyed it!

 
At October 16, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger cherryberie said...

wow, lamb soup...i've never had that before...how was it? was it very 'so'??

 
At October 16, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger LM said...

Cherie: No! it was VERY good! There's a xin jiang restaurant in CWB (fashion walk), but not authentic enough!!

 
At October 17, 2006 5:14 PM, Blogger crif said...

linnet jo! i love your food pics! but i loved eating it even more!... the food, not the pics lah :P blech...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home